Gilchrist Named Great Place to Work
A Great Place To Work
Gilchrist was certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Gilchrist earned this credential based on extensive ratings provided by employees in anonymous surveys.
“Being a ‘Great Place to Work’ is a ringing endorsement of our employee culture at Gilchrist,” said Cathy Hamel, President of Gilchrist. “Our employees overwhelmingly share a sense of pride about their work and its impact on the community.”
Employees rated their workplace in areas ranging from atmosphere, pride, communication, leadership, camaraderie and fairness. Here are a few highlights of how employees rated Gilchrist:
- 93% ─ I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
- 92% ─ My work has special meaning: this is not “just a job.”
- 92% ─ I’m proud to tell others I work here.
- 92% ─ When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
What Makes Gilchrist a Unique Workplace
Employees were asked about programs that capture what’s unique about their workplace. Here are a few highlights:
- Clinical Ladders: This program is an opportunity for employees to design their own education and professional development. After successful completion of the program, each level of participation receives a monetary reward—Level 1 – $250, Level 2 – $500, Level 3 – $750, Level 4 – $1,000.
- Art of Nursing Awards: This is a nursing recognition program that recognizes nursing staff, including clinical assistants, who exemplify and embody the fundamental elements of the art of nursing—science, knowledge and caring within their field.
- “Caught You Caring” program: This monthly award recognizes exemplary administrative staff and volunteers whose contributions might otherwise be overlooked in a setting that is predominately clinical staff.
- Learning Forum: Diversity and Inclusion Learning Forums are offered monthly throughout the year on topics that foster, promote and facilitate dialogue about diversity and inclusion. Once a year, a nationally recognized keynote speaker is invited, with past topics ranging from work/life balance, mindfulness and making work fun.
To learn more and see a summary of Gilchrist’s employee ratings, visit http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/gilchrist.