For the Media
Gilchrist welcomes inquiries from reporters. We have experts available for interviews on a range of topics, including hospice and palliative care, elder care, senior health/aging, grief support, caregiver support and other end-of-life issues. For media inquiries, call 443-465-5992 or email email@example.com.
Recent Media Coverage
- Health Leaders Media – Not-For-Profit Hospices Outperform For-Profit Hospices In Care Experiences, Study Finds
- WMAR – TV – Getting the Most Out of Hospice Care
- Business Monthly – Gilchrist Signs Joint Venture with Luminis Health
- WBFF – TV – Prolonged Grief
- The Baltimore Sun – Oscar Baker, a veteran of World War II and longtime Mount Airy firefighter, celebrates 100th birthday
- The Daily Record – Luminis, Gilchrist form joint venture for elder care services in Anne Arundel County
- WBFF – TV – What to expect when a parent starts hospice
- Baltimore Jewish Times – Gilchrist was named Best Hospice by the Jewish Times in the 2022 Best of Jewish Baltimore reader’s choice competition
- The Baltimore Sun – Your quality of life
- Senior Moments – Dispelling myths of hospice care
- WBFF -TV – Aging parents – how to stay safe when living at home
- WBFF – TV – Advanced Directives for Healthcare
- WBFF – TV – Documenting your healthcare wishes with directives
- WMAR – TV – Gilchrist honors Vietnam Veterans with ceremony, celebration Sunday
- WBFF – TV – Veterans Day celebration
- WBFF – TV – Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day Celebration
- WebMd – What Are End-of-Life Doulas?
- WBFF-TV – How home-based Elder Medical Care helps seniors with serious illness
- WBFF -TV – Depression in seniors with serious illness
- WBFF-TV – The benefits of hospice to patients and families
- WMAR-TV – Linda Henderson volunteers at Gilchrist; organizes Salute to Service ceremonies for veterans
- WBAL-TV – Maryland Peace of Mind: Holidays can present difficult time for those dealing with loss
- WBFF-TV – Grief and the Holidays, Advice from Gilchrist
- WYPR – Coping with grief during the holidays
- WBFF-TV – Getting through the holidays after a loss
- WBFF-TV – Tackling disparities in hospice care
- WMAR-TV – Benefits of hospice – Facebook Live
- WBFF-TV – Advice for home health care of elderly loved ones
- WBFF-TV – Doctor discusses the myths and facts about Hospice Care
- WBFF-TV – Dementia and hospice: when is it time to seek care?
- Catholic Review – Healing in Clay – Beauty Born of Pain
- The Baltimore Sun – ‘I’ve come full circle’: Amy Enright’s journey to become a hospice nurse at Gilchrist Center in Towson
- WMAR – TV – Gilchrist Kids – Children’s Hospice
- HCC Times – Life After Howard Community College: Stories of Success
- The Daily Record – Gilchrist opens new hospice center in Baltimore
- Hospice News – Gilchrist Center Baltimore Opens $15.3 Million Residential Hospice Center
- Baltimore Fishbowl – Gilchrist Center Baltimore, a $15.3 million hospice facility, is opening at Stadium Place
- Baltimore Magazine – Hail to the Heroes: Baltimore Magazine’s 2021 Top Nurses
- The Daily Record – Gilchrist’s 2021 Healthcare Hero Award Winners
Media Coverage (Archives)
Multiple media outlets featured Gilchrist in stories about the construction of our new Gilchrist Center Baltimore hospice center at the Memorial Stadium te. WMAR-TV, The Baltimore Sun, The Daily Record, the Baltimore Business Journal and the Maryland Hospital Association News Roundup featured the story prominently.
2017 and earlier
Current press releases distributed by Gilchrist, including multimedia press releases, and organization updates and news.
- Gilchrist Signs Joint Venture with Luminis Health
- Gilchrist Named Great Place to Work for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Gilchrist Names New Board Member
- Gilchrist Palliative Program Awarded CHAP Certification
- Gilchrist Awarded CHAP Accreditation, Receives Highest Possible Survey Results
- Gilchrist Reaches Highest Level of National Program to Provide Veteran-Centric Hospice Care
- Gilchrist Center Howard County Celebrates 10th Anniversary
- New Resource Combats Heart Failure
- Gilchrist Named “Great Place to Work” for Fourth Consecutive Year
- The Daily Record Selects Gilchrist, Multiple Staff as 2021 Healthcare Heroes
- Gilchrist and MedStar Health Partner to Provide Inpatient Hospice in Select Hospitals
- Gilchrist President Promoted to GBMC Executive Vice President of Continuing Care
- Gilchrist Names Jessica Gabbard as Chief Clinical Officer
- Gilchrist to Build New Baltimore City Hospice Center at Memorial Stadium Site.
- Gilchrist Named “Great Place to Work” for Third Consecutive Year
- Two Gilchrist Nurses Recognized for Excellence in Nursing in 2020
- Gilchrist Appoints New Chair to Its Jewish Advisory Board
- Gilchrist named ‘Top Hospice’ in Reader’s Choice Poll
- Two Gilchrist employees receive 2020 Health Care Heroes award.
- Gilchrist’s 2020 Art of Nursing Winner
- Gilchrist Physicians and Board Members Make Baltimore Magazine’s 2019 “Top Docs” List.
- Gilchrist recognized as “Great Place to Work” for the second year in a row.
- Gilchrist recognized as “Healthcare Hero” by The Daily Record.
- Gilchrist Launches Integrative Medicine Program
- Gilchrist Named Great Place to Work
- Gilchrist to Hold Celebration for Maryland’s Vietnam Veterans
- Gilchrist Launches Office-based Geriatric Consultation Service
- Gilchrist Offers Informed Choices, Better Care of Elderly with Serious Illness.
- Gilchrist selected to participate in the Medicare care choices model.
- Joseph Richey Hospice and Gilchrist join forces.