Hospice Care – Residential Community Care
Gilchrist offers hospice anywhere a patient calls home, including residential care communities. These include skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and retirement communities. Gilchrist helps patients along with their families, who often need extra care and guidance. We help address all of the complex needs that accompany a life-limiting diagnosis.
Gilchrist – Extra Care and Guidance
Gilchrist serves the Central Maryland area of Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard counties. We have relationships with over a hundred residential care facilities.
Gilchrist offers hospice care in residential care communities. We work in tandem with care already provided by the residential care center and provide extra care and guidance. Decision making will be a joint process that involves the input of you, your loved one, and medical personnel from both the residential center and Gilchrist.
Gilchrist Hospice Care – Residential Community Care teams will:
- Provide additional hands-on care through weekly nursing visits and personal care from hospice aides.
- Manage medications, pain and other symptoms.
- Assess your loved one’s physical condition.
- Educate your family about what to expect.
- Assist you and your loved one through the intense emotions and spiritual questions that often accompany the dying process.
- Provide volunteer companionship, as needed.
- Offer companions at the bedside (end-of-life doulas) as death nears to ensure that no one dies alone and that your family has the support you need during this difficult time.