Elder Medical Care - Rehabilitation
Our Elder Medical Care – Rehabilitation service is provided at the GBMC Sub-Acute Unit, managed by Gilchrist. Patients receive care in a separate rehabilitation suite with common spaces. Therefore, patients are more comfortable and can spend time with visiting friends and family. The Rehabilitation team is diverse and addresses all aspects of care. First, it includes nurses and therapists (speech, physical, occupational and activity). Moreover, it includes social workers, dietitians, pharmacists and support staff. In addition, the team is led by a medical and nursing director.
Rehabilitation provides care that can help you get back, keep, or improve abilities that you need for daily life. These abilities may be physical, mental, or cognitive. As a result, Rehabilitation can help improve your quality of life.
Who May Need Rehabilitation?
- Recovery from joint replacement, fractures or amputations
- Cardiac or respiratory issues
- Rehabilitation from a stroke
- Wound care
What Benefits Can Rehabilitation Provide?
- Help getting back to an independent lifestyle
- Rehabilitation in a comfortable setting, with a gracious dining room, an activities space and a large, flat screen television
- A team of specialists focused on furthering your recovery
- More frequent occupational and physical therapy sessions